Organization Promoter:PRSD – Providores de Respostas Sociais para o Desenvolvimento
Partners:Germany, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Cyprus, Spain, Austria, Netherlands, Greece, France, UK and Portugal.
Main topics:- International cooperation, international relations, development cooperation. - Labour market issues incl. career guidance / youth unemployment. - Youth (Participation, Youth Work, Youth Policy)
SummaryThis project "The Impact of Social Workers for Young Migrants in Disadvantage Neighborhoods" meets the needs and objectives in social responses that social youth workers will give to the society where they live and in their organizations as well as the community of young migrants in their countries of residence, through the social and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills acquired in this training project, which consequently also increases the sense of social responsibility on the part of their organizations and the institutions from Germany, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Cyprus, Spain, Austria, Netherlands, Greece, France, UK and Portugal
The action of the project underpin the purposes of knowledge, intervention, information, awareness-raising, minimization of risks and harm reduction associated with recreation contexts of social exclusion, seeking to contribute to the social contexts that are truly inclusive and for more complicated situations associated with the exclusion of young migrants in disadvantages situation, are reduced to the lowest possible number. his training project is an important opportunity to provide management concept, to improve social youth workers knowledge, skills, access of labor market, enlarge social-economical competencies, to give necessary tools to find proper understanding of young migrants issues, mobility, to find motivation to be a keys actors of sustainable development where they live and the way to improve the youth social responses. It will be developed in 3 stages where the preparatory meetings August and September 2017, implementation of training from 15th to 19th of November 2017 and the Evaluation, Dissemination and exploitation of results from November to December 2017
The main objectives:
- To train professionals, social youth workers to develop quality criteria and their contribution to young migrant’s needs, realities and its impacts in disadvantage neighborhoods. .
- To develop essential skills to work with multicultural and intercultural social youth workers groups (e.g. leadership, team work, group dynamics, communication, programme design, evaluation and follow-up) assuring quality criteria in all aspects of social youth workers cooperation .
- To increase the involvement of social youth workers in the development in order to enhance the impact of social and economical inclusion of young migrants with few opportunities in our communities .
- To increase the availability among social youth workers to work in the social inclusion, within local communities involving young people in their actions .
- To increase the youth workers participant's motivation to introduce into social responsibility and entrepreneurial learning by creating conditions to support them to engage other youth to provide better social responses..
Expected impact on participants and local’s communities:
- Human and development values to work for benefits of young migrants participation and have more social responsibility and entrepreneurial skills. .
- Social transformation and the strengthening of the autonomy and the participation of partner organizations, which in some ways is very needy and without access to social goods .
- Action of social youth workers, which can bring transformation, although this same professional has been considered important the social responses of civil society and of states' institutions, as well as social support. .
- Increase the social youth workers capacity to work and provide key tools for young migrants integration and entrepreneurial learning .