The PRSD - Providers of Social Responses to the Development is an established network of
non-profit organizations that has emerged through the support of young professionals from the diaspora and young migrants experts
that provide their expertise and knowledge to the immigrant and youth organizations and other organisations working with disadvantaged youth communities and minorities in society.
Since 2010, the PRSD Network has served as an informal group of young immigrants with academic and social experiences and formations that has supported communities with few opportunities, immigrant organizations and of youth in the structuring and the improvement of social development responses. In March 2014, these professional young men and women decided to acquire legal personality as a way to improve and expand their social response, as well as combating the unemployed young and provide consultancy and research on integration policy that improves the living conditions within the community of immigrants in Europe. The PRSD Network is composed of 20 committed organizations from 16 European countries and with main office in Almada - Portugal. The PRSD network supports the community of immigrants and young immigrants and descendants of immigrants in European countries, as well as promoting the involvement of young people in the diaspora to invest and participate in the development of their communities where they are inserted and in their countries of origin. We support international meetings and seminars, conferences, trainings, discussions to improve the immigration policy, mobility and integration.
We believe the international dimension of the PRSD Network, that enables greater integration and brings together immigrant organizations to work for the benefit of the young immigrants at risk of social exclusion. We are willing to cooperate with public and private institutions, cooperate with associations, creating synergies that can promote social justice and inclusion of all similarly with intuition to have a sustainable development. The PRSD Network will contribute with more knowledges, epxeriences and creating opportunities as a way to improve and broaden social response, as well as combating youth unemployment and provide consultancy and research on integration policy that improve living conditions within the community of immigrants in Europe and Africa
- Support the integration and social and economic development of the immigrants community and young descendants of immigrants..
- Empower organizations and groups of young immigrants at the structural and financial level in the preparation and management of development projects.
- Promote the formal education and non-formal education for the community of young immigrants with few opportunities and living in the risk situations of social exclusion...
- Defend and promote the rights and interests of immigrants and their descendants in all respects to its recovery, so as to enable their full integration and insertion.
- Develop actions of support to immigrants and their descendants to improve their living conditions...
- Promote and stimulate the own capacities, social and cultural communities of immigrants or their descendants as a key element of society where they are inserted
- Propose actions necessary for the prevention or cessation of acts or omissions by public or private entities which constitute racial discrimination..
- Establish exchanges with national counterparts and foreign associations and promote common training and information actions at national and international level
- Do research and consulting for the benefit and improvement in the field of integration policy, immigration, mobility, employability and youth.
- Increase synergies with institutions in the context of the Europe-Africa youth cooperation and cover other non-governmental organizations in other continental regions.
The activity of the PRSD Network focuses:
- Development of learning processes in the area of youth and social responsibility..
- The organisation and facilitation of social and youth events such as national and international meetings, trainings or other seminars and conferences..
- In research and consulting for the improvement of the mobility policy, immigration, youth and integration..
- In the capacity building of partners to improve the local and national development..
- The creation of civic-social multipliers active in society in order to improve the conditions of life of the most disadvantaged communities.
- In support of informal groups of young people, youth associations and non-governmental organizations working with communities of immigrants and young people at risk of social exclusion situation..
- Support the platforms and informal networks of youth leaders and organizations with an interest in the development of the Africa-Europe cooperation and strengthening civil society...
- Monitoring and contributions to the development of educational and social programs and policies.
The cooperation in this site is an essential factor in promoting partnerships between organizations in the area of education, participation and active citizenship, sports, environment, human rights, to combat all forms of racism, combat violence, combating human traffic, employment and entrepreneurship, decent work, youth and women empowerment and inclusion of youth and immigrants. We give special attention to organizations that promote social and youth projects for sustainable development of young people with few opportunities from European and African countries. The promotion of full inclusion of all, particularly immigrants and refugees in Europe is a priority in order to improve the living conditions of the neediest. This space beyond having an international dimension also promotes the work of organizations at local, regional and national level for young migrants.